Specialist Practice - Palliative Care (P.Grad.Cert.)
1 Year Part-Time
This P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice programme has been developed, in partnership with associated health service providers, to meet the demands and challenges within the health care system and specifically within specialist care. The programme is firmly grounded in a body of knowledge and clinical expertise that aims to promote excellence in the area of specialist care practice. It is also designed to provide academically robust education for the students and the various modules offered develop and complement subjects undertaken at degree or 'equivalent' level.
Students must accumulate 30 ECTS and successfully complete three modules for the award of P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice. Students who successfully complete the P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice without compensation are eligible for entry to the relevant M.Sc./P.Grad. Dip. programme.
The modules are each worth 10 ECTS and are:
Interdisciplinary Palliative Care:
1. Palliative Care Philosophy: Concepts and Debates
2. Palliative Approaches to Pain and Symptom Management
3. Psychosocial, Spiritual and Therapeutic Issues in Palliative Care
Course Options1 Year Part-Time
Closing Date31 March 2018
Admission Requirements Interdisciplinary – Palliative Care strand
- For the duration of the course, candidates must be employed in Ireland in an area where the principles of palliative care are operationalised when caring for individuals with life threatening illness and their families.
- Have a minimum of one years clinical experience in palliative care practice within the last 2 years and.
- Hold at least an upper second-class honors degree in a health professional or related subject area. Candidates with relevant, and significant experience as professional practitioners in the field of palliative care may be accepted with a lower class degree (II.2 or III), provided that they can satisfy the selection panel that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the course.
Note, this strand is open to a wide range of professionals. Nurses undertaking this strand must have current registration on the appropriate division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland live register. Please visit the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland website for information on registering as a nurse or midwife in Ireland.
To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below