Specialist Practice - Gerontological Nursing (P.Grad.Cert.)
1 Year Part-Time
Please note that the annual SITS System Upgrade will take place from 2.00 pm on Friday, December 15 — Monday, December 18, 2017 (all day) inclusive.
To facilitate this essential work, my.tcd.ie application portal will be unavailable to applicants during the period.
This P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice programme has been developed, in partnership with associated health service providers, to meet the demands and challenges within the health care system and specifically within specialist care. The programme is firmly grounded in a body of knowledge and clinical expertise that aims to promote excellence in the area of specialist care practice. It is also designed to provide academically robust education for the students and the various modules offered develop and complement subjects undertaken at degree or 'equivalent' level.
Students must accumulate 30 ECTS and successfully complete three modules for the award of P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice. Students who successfully complete the P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice without compensation are eligible for entry to the relevant M.Sc./P.Grad. Dip. programme.
Course Options1 Year Part-Time
Closing Date30 June 2018
Admission Requirements Gerontological Nursing strand:
- The candidate must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- be registered as a nurse on the live register with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and
- be working in an area where gerontological nursing care is delivered in Ireland for the duration of the course;
- have a minimum of one years full-time clinical nursing practice or equivalent recent clinical nursing practice since first registration and
- hold an honours degree in nursing studies or equivalent or otherwise satisfy the course committee that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the course.