Research Group: Materials
Dr. Sara Pavia
Dr. Roger West
Dr. Brian Broderick
Dr. Dermot O’Dwyer
Dr. Alan O’Connor
Research in Biomaterials and Masonry:
- Hemp lime concrete and other biomaterials.
- Sustainable construction.
- Efficiency of industrially and agriculturally, mass-produced waste materials as pozzolans.
- Traditional building technologies.
- Sustainable admixtures.
- Origin of ceramics and archaeometry.
- Analysis and performance of historic mortars and concrete.
- Superplasticising admixtures in the hydration of self-compacting concrete.
- Durability of concrete structures in marine environments
- Durability of various classes of concrete: Autoclam investigations
- Self-compacting concrete
- Elasto-plastic behaviour of fibre reinforced slabs on grade
- Time dependent concrete deterioration models
- Use and statistical variability of HPC
- Fatigue modeling in steel structures, including railway bridges