Innovative Pathways to Thermal Energy Storage (INPATH-TES)
Following the EC SET-Plan Education and Training Roadmap, the concept of this proposal is to develop a joint PhD programme between universities and research centres, on the topic of Thermal Energy Storage (TES). The goal of INPATH-TES is to create a network of universities and research institutes to implement a joint PhD programme on TES technologies.
The final result of such a network is to educate professionals on these technologies for the European research and industry institutions. The partners in the proposal will be the core of a future larger network of excellent R&D institutions, and industries for co-funding and industrial placement, sharing infrastructure capacities, and enhancing mobility of students.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To establish one joint PhD programme starting year 0+2
- To develop at least 20 ECTS as basic common training modules
- To develop four basic common technology PhD courses
- To establish one annual joint workshop for PhD students
- To aim at graduating at least 28 PhD students every year at year 0+6
- To exchange at least 14 PhD students every year between industry and academia