- Official Dedication of the Simon Perry Building
- Laurence Gill and Joanne MacMahon launch FundIt campaign to raise money for Kenyan borehole
- TCD signs Partnership Agreement with Top Engineering Schools in Europe and China
- Final Year Civil Engineering student wins "One to Watch" Golden Spider Award
- Civil Engineering student wins the Irish Undergraduate Awards (Environmental & Geosciences category)
- TCD Civil Engineering helps Summerhill community garden with irrigation system
- Civil Engineering to conduct Ireland's first Ecar Trial Programme with ESB
- Civil Engineering student wins HEA "Making An Impact" award
Welcome to the Department of Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering at Trinity College Dublin. These are exciting times for Civil Engineers with plenty of employment and opportunities for dynamic careers. Our undergraduate Civil Engineering programme is multi-dimensional, having a strong technical focus but also an emphasis on developing other skills Civil Engineers need such as team working skills, knowledge of ethics and an awareness of the social and environmental impacts of their work.
Our research focuses on quantitative and analytical methods, the application of innovation and the development and use of new technology to solve problems in the natural and built environments. We work with industry, governments and universities across the world on research which has economic, social, political, scientific and engineering dimensions.
Details of our courses, research, staff and other information about this Department can be accessed on the website.
Prof. Biswajit Basu
Head of Department