Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
Designed for non-accounting graduates, this full time eight month conversion course fast tracks students towards becoming a qualified accountant and focuses on the fundamentals of financial accounting, management accounting, corporate finance, audit, taxation and related areas. The programme provides significant exemptions from the examinations of professional accountancy bodies. It is fully accredited by ACCA, Chartered Accountants Ireland and CIMA.
Programme at a Glance
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: 8 months
- Delivery: 12 taught modules. You will be assessed through a mixture of written exams and continuous assessment. A dissertation is not required.
- NFQ Level: 9
- Ranked 1st in Ireland and 10th in Western Europe for Accounting (Eduniversal 2018)
In eight months of study, graduates attain the following professional exemptions:
- ACCA: Papers F1 to F9;
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (ACA): Full CAP 1 exemption;
- CIMA: Papers C1-C5, E1, P1, F1 and P2;
- Irish Tax Institute: Group 2 exemptions;
- CPA Ireland: Formation 1 (all papers), Formation 2 (Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Taxation) and Professional 1 (Corporate Reporting, Managerial Finance and Corporate Laws & Governance).
Expert faculty and practitioners from Big-4 accountancy firms combine to deliver modules, grounded in the academia-practice link that underpins the entire programme. As the economy continues to recover and grow, so does the demand for accounting professionals. Guest speakers from ACCA, CAI (ACA), CIMA and other accountancy bodies advise on your next steps in the accountancy profession.
Internship Opportunities and Prizes
EY will offer internships to two of the highest-placed students across the entire programme (subject to the students meeting their entrance criteria). They are sponsoring cash prizes of €250 each for the highest placing students in the ‘Audit’ and ‘Corporate Governance and Ethics’ modules.
Moore Stephens Nathans will offer internships to two of the highest-placed students across the entire programme. Moore Stephens are a top-10 accountancy practice and a platinum training firm for ACCA. The successful students will join a team of associates and be closely mentored as they gain invaluable experience across all areas of accountancy and taxation services.
Moore Stephens believe in maximising talent to realise potential and are sponsoring cash prizes of €250 each for the highest placing students in the ‘Financial Reporting’ and ‘Advanced Taxation’ modules.
Irish Tax Institute are sponsoring a cash prize of €250 for the highest placing student in the ‘Taxation’ module.
Find out more about career opportunities on completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting. Visit our Career Development page.