|Skip Navigation|

Skip to main content »

Trinity College Dublin

|Skip Main/Sub Navigation
Accommodation & Catering Services - Accommodation Accommodation & Catering Services | Link to Home Accommodation | Link to Accommodation Intro page


Apply for a Room

If you wish to apply for College accommodation you must complete the online application form.

Before you apply for accommodation, we recommend that you do the following :

New First Year Undergraduate Students

Most new entrants will have applied for a course in College through the Irish Central Applications Office (CAO). Those resident outside a reasonable commuting distance of Dublin are invited to apply for accommodation in College Residences at Trinity Hall. Applications may only be made after an offer of a place in the College has been received. Applicants who wish to be allocated a room within an apartment where the residents do not consume alcohol should indicate this wish within their personal statement when making their online application.

Undergraduate - Continuing Students

Applications for rooms at Trinity Hall and on campus for continuing students can be made during a four week period commencing on Monday the 6th of February and ending on Friday the 3rd of March.


Continuing postgraduate students may apply for accommodation for the following academic year commencing on Monday the 6th of February. New postgraduates should apply as soon as they have been fully accepted by College. Priority is given to those students registered for higher degrees by research only.

Part Time and Diploma Students

Students who are registered to do a part-time or diploma course are not eligible to apply for accommodation. The Advisory Service helps students find accommodation in the private rental market by providing them with advice and access to house-hunting resources. During August and September a fully staffed service is run from the Students' Union office in House 6. For the rest of the year the Students' Union Welfare Officer handles students' accommodation queries.

Off Campus Accommodation for International Students

This year Trinity will have additional accommodation options available in Binary Hub and Kavanagh Court, two off-campus locations. The cost of accommodation will be approximately €240 per week.

To see photos and get more information on the properties, please visit the following :

Binary Hub 

Kavanagh Court 

To be considered for a place at either of these locations students need to complete this Google Form

It will be early August before room allocations take place, but once on the list students will be contacted when the process begins.

If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact the Trinity Global Room:  tcdglobalroom@tcd.ie

Students seeking special consideration for their application for rooms

New Entrants for 2017/18 : applicants with a disability who have applied to Trinity College Dublin for entry to an undergraduate or postgraduate course in 2017/18 can also indicate their intention to apply for a room in Trinity Hall or on Campus through a brief online form at : Intention to apply for a room

Continuing Students

Who can apply?
A registered student may seek to have special consideration for his or her application for rooms on campus or at Trinity Hall. There are a limited number of rooms available to offer in those circumstances and it is not possible to respond to all such applications by providing College accommodation.

Who gets special consideration of their applications for rooms?
The grounds on which you may seek special consideration are individual and must be extenuating. Extenuating circumstances mean that you may have a physical or mental health condition and/or other significant personal circumstances and you can provide a clear rationale for why living on campus or at Trinity Hall is necessary and will support your participation in College life.

How do I apply?
You must complete the online application form.

Please note that even if you received rooms last year, you must apply again for 2017-18 with the relevant supporting documentation.

What is 'supporting documentation' and who do I go to to get it?
If you are seeking special consideration from the College Health Service and/or the Student Counselling Service, contact your doctor or counsellor and request that he or she provide the Accommodation Office with a letter clearly outlining the reasons why your application should receive special consideration. This must indicate clearly the reason why a room on campus would be crucial for your participation in the following academic year.

If you are seeking support from your College tutor or the Senior Tutor, please take the time to make an appointment to discuss your reasons for seeking special consideration. Your tutor will be familiar with the appropriate reasons for such applications and will then decide whether he or she should support your request. This must indicate clearly the reason why a room on campus would be crucial for your participation in the following academic year.

Where should the documentation be sent?
Ask that any supporting documentation be sent to the Registrar of Chambers, Accommodation Office, Regent House, by post or e-mail resacc@tcd.ie.  All such correspondence is treated in the strictest confidence.

It is your responsibility to contact the relevant staff member in the service and seek their written support and ensure that the letter is provided to the Accommodation Office by the Friday the 3rd of March 2017 for those who are continuing students, 28 July 2017 for incoming graduate students, end of August after the CAO offers are made for incoming first year students.



^ Back to Top
Last updated: July 19 2017
Feedback Form|residences@tcd.ie