Applications & Admissions
Study At Trinity
The Applications and Admissions team provide information about admission requirements and administrates applications to undergraduate and postgraduate courses by EU and Non-EU students.
EU/Non-EU Status for Admissions
The correct process for application is determined by whether the applicant is eligible to apply as an EU or a Non-EU student, which refers to residency in the EU rather than EU citizenship. Detailed criteria on EU/Non-EU status is available here:
It is strongly advised to evaluate your status before starting an application to study at Trinity College Dublin. All of this information, and much more, is available on the Study At Trinity website.
- Students on courses with clinical or other professional placements may be required to undergo Garda vetting procedures prior to commencing placements. If, as a result of the outcome of the Garda vetting procedures, a student is deemed unsuitable to attend clinical or other professional placement, he/she may be required to withdraw from his/her course.
- Students who have resided outside Ireland for a consecutive period of 6 months or more will be required to provide police clearance documentation from the country in which they resided at the time of registration.
- Garda vetting forms will be distributed (as part of the student orientation information) to students who have been offered a place in Trinity. The completed forms must be returned to the Academic Registry prior to registration.
General guidelines for completing the Garda Vetting process are available on the Orientation website here: https://www.tcd.ie/orientation/assets/pdf/How%20to%20complete%20your%20Student%20Vetting%20(2016).pdf
Garda Vetting requirements and procedures will vary depending on the course you are attending. Please read the specific requirements for your course here:
Infectious Diseases Clearance
Infectious diseases requirements and procedures will vary depending on the course you are attending. Please read the specific requirements for your course here:
Further Information on common applications & admissions queries
- EU minimum admission requirements (including eligible Leaving Certificate/Irish applicants)
- Non-EU minimum admission requirements
- Information about Study Abroad & Erasmus
- Information for Trinity students going on exchange
- Information for students coming to Trinity on exchange
- Module Directory for courses available to Visiting Students
- Annual course fees (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
- Accommodation queries
Request an Admissions Prospectus
The Trinity College Dublin admissions prospectus can be downloaded using the links below. If you wish to request a print copy of the prospectus please contact the Academic Registry providing a name and postal address or alternatively drop into our Service Desk.