Policy on the use of campusM in Trinity College Dublin
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Scope
- 4. Policy
- 5. Breaches of Policy
- 7. Procedures for campusM
- 8. Contact Information for campusM
campusM is a mobile phone application that allows students access certain existing information via a single interface optimised for a mobile device. campusM offers functionality that should appeal to students and will help make existing services more accessible to students.
campusM will give students access to comprehensive information about the university, up and coming events, campus maps and directions, library records, timetable, contacts, and the latest news. The information being made available through this application (with the exception of the location based functionality) will always be available via the College website. The additional value of the campusM application is that it will provide information from the College website that a student needs via an application on a mobile phone.
The application has been developed by oMbiel.
The scope of this policy is limited to Trinity staff and students, in their capacity as members of the Trinity community.
1. No function, facility or information will be made available through campusM that is not already available through some other College-wide service.
2. Information made available through the campusM maps, news/events, pocket guide, library and timetable sections will not be made available unless it is also available through the College website.
3. Any information that is available only through the College local website will only be made available through campusM to authenticated users that have access rights to the local website.
4. Any information made available through campusM will be subject to the same policies that apply to all IT and website content (e.g. the College IT Policy, the College Policy on Social Networking and Social Media).
5. The campusM alerts system will only be used to complement the email broadcast facility already in operation – it will therefore be subject to the same restrictions that are in force for email mailing lists. At some time in the future the campusM alerts system may be used as an extra communications channel for a College-wide alerting system (no such system exists at present), and as such will be subject to the policies in place for that system.
6. The 'Find a Friend' feature, whereby another user's location is shown on a map, is not to be enabled until further notice.
7. In all cases, the first point of contact for any problems or issues with campusM will be the IS Services helpdesk. Further information on second line support and responsibilities is contained in the appendix to this document.
5. Breaches of Policy
Staff and students found to be in breach of the Policy may be subject to the College's disciplinary procedures. Any breach of policy may be reported to the relevant College or Civil authorities. 2
7. Procedures for campusM
1. The Secretary to the College will have the absolute authority to remove material from campusM. The Secretary will have the absolute authority to prevent any individual who is considered to be in breach of legislation or College policies or is deemed to be an imminent risk to the health and safety of any individual(s) from using campusM.
2. Any breach of this policy could result in a member of the College staff or student body or person external to the College losing access to the campusM facilities and in the case of staff or students could result in disciplinary action.
8. Contact Information for campusM
In all cases, the first point of contact for any problems or issues with campusM will be the IS Services helpdesk. Further information on second line support and responsibilities is contained in the appendix to this document.
For queries relating to the addition and/or modification of information/navigational elements, design within campusM, please contact the College Web Design Office on email@example.com.