Health & Sport Week highlights
Published: 28th March 2017
Health & Sport Week 2017, which this year aims to address the four pillars of health and wellness - exercise, nutrition, sleep, mindfulness - kicked off yesterday with a launch event in Front Square.
Members of the Dance Society entertained onlookers with an energetic mix of traditional and modern dance which will hopefully inspire you to get out and do something during the week!
Among the activities taking place across campus are free classes and health screenings, free talks by guest speakers, the annual Campus 5K and a fun team skills challenge. Highlights include:
- Lunchtime talk in Bank of Ireland Workbench with Trinity Sport’s Mark McGauran and David Lynch. The ever-popular duo will cover the perennial issues of sleep, stress and nutrition. (Tuesday March 28, 1pm)
- Lunchtime talk in Bank of Ireland Workbench with ‘Ireland’s Fittest Family’ star and former camogie player Anna Geary. Anna will talk on the subject ‘If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you’. (Wednesday March 29, 1pm)
- The annual Campus 5K challenge, led by Anna, with post-race refreshments in the Sports Centre. (Wednesday, March 29, 6pm)
- Lunchtime talk in the Global Room (Watts Building) by former Olympian David Gillick who will share his wisdom on ‘Achieving your potential’. (Thursday March 30, 1pm)
- Ultimate sport skills challenge – test yourself and your friends to a range of sporting skills in the Sports Centre main hall, including crossbar challenge, hockey, basketball and more. To sign up email firstname.lastname@example.org (Thursday March 20, 2pm-4pm)
- Former rugby international and Irish Lion Keith Wood will be in Regent House (above Front Arch) for an informal chat on life, the universe and rugby. (Friday March 31, 3.30pm-4.30pm)
For more information keep an eye on our Facebook page and Healthy Trinity Facebook page.