Sports Centre building works - update five
Published: 19th June 2017
As we head into week five of our Sports Centre reconfiguration project, the good news is that everything is on track and going to plan. It’s exciting to know that we’re just a few months away from a bigger, brighter, better air-conditioned space!
In the meantime, the next phase of works due to take place will cause some disruption for service users.
- From this week June 19th, there will be a further reduction (10%) in floor space in the main gym (see expanded works area in blue above).
- The following week (June 28th), we will be closing off the gym space entirely on the ground floor. This is necessary in order to allow us install our new air-conditioning units and lay new flooring to the entire space.
- We anticipate that this closure will be in place from Wednesday June 28th until Tuesday August 1st.
- We will be creating a reduced sized temporary gym in the ancillary hall for the duration of the works to the main gym area. This space will include cardio, resistance and free weights equipment. Staff we will be on hand should need any assitance whilst using the temporary area.
- For parents and children attending our summer camps, which begin on July 3rd, please note that our new ‘camp zone’ will be located on the third floor. For any parents doing camp drop-offs, you will need to sign children in and out at this new base on the third floor.
We will continue to post further updates on this project here on our website.