Get active, get involved
Published: 19th Sep 2016
On behalf of Trinity Sport team I extend a massive welcome to new students and to those of you returning to college. You can expect an exciting year ahead with a plethora of opportunities to get involved in sport and recreation.
I encourage you to participate in some regular activity - it's a great way to enhance your university experience, boost your energy and health, make lifelong friendships and improve academic performance. We aim to provide a broad selection of options as outlined below;
- If you enjoy being part of a club, there are about 50 sports clubs to choose from.
- Have a go! Come along to the open sessions taking place during Fresher’s Week. Keep an eye on our website and Twitter account (@tcdsports) for daily updates.
- If you are a talented sportsperson, you will have the honour of representing Trinity Sport at intervarsity, league and championship levels.
- Not interested in competitive sport? We have a vibrant schedule of fitness classes and courses to suit all levels.
- Develop your CV skills – become a sports volunteer and get involved in helping to organise Trinity Sport events or volunteer as a student cub officer.
- Become a coach - undertake a coaching qualification and work alongside an experienced team of student club coaches and/or instructors.
- Support your teams! Follow us on social media using the hashtags #MyTCDSport and #TrinitySport and keep an eye out for the weekly fixtures and events in the Sports Centre, College Park and Santry. Come out and shout for Trinity!
Below we have compiled a user-friendly guide to all that's on offer here at Trinity Sport. Take a few minutes to check it out.
If you have any queries or suggestions, please feel free to have a chat with one of the Trinity Sport team members or any of the student sport club officers. Whatever you choose, we wish you a healthy, active and successful year.
Michelle Tanner - Head of Sport and Recreation
How to guides:
For how to join a sports club click here
For how to join access the gym click here
For how to take a class click here