This amazing leg, hips and stomach shaping and calorie burning class blends techniques from dance with safe, low-impact moves and is specifically designed for the non-dancer. Ballet Sculpt is just like vertical Pilates. It will train the abdominals to act as a "corset" to tighten and flatten your belly, while strengthening the core. But unlike Pilates, the class is on your feet and moving and feels like a fitness class. Be prepared for a lot of leg work and sweat!
Body Weight Training
An intense 30 minute class from start to finish using simple body weight exercises. Exercises that last between 20-60 seconds that will increase your strength and improve your fitness levels.
A fitness boot camp is a type of group exercise class that mixes traditional calisthenics and body weight exercises with interval and strength training. They are designed in a way that offers the participants the opportunity to work their bodies hard that will give them a fantastic total body workout.
Enjoy sparring with a partner using pads and shadowboxing which involves repetitions of boxing moves as the basis for a high energy workout. The emphasis is on knocking your body into shape, not knocking anyone out!!
Bonz Body Blast
The class will cover a range of boot camp style training, consisting of; dumbbells, barbells, medicine balls, Swiss balls, battle rope, sleds, kettle bells, ab wheels, tabata, calisthenics, ZUU, drills, sprints and much more. New training systems are always included.
This class will put you through a series of core exercises involving the use of fit balls, foam rollers and RIP 60. With a focus on the abdominal area, lower back and glutes. It will help in the prevention and rehabilitation of injuries.
High Intensity Interval Training is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. These short intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism and improved fat burning.
Using a century old technique developed in Russia, a typical kettle bell routine builds functional muscular strength by mimicking movements in your everyday life. A single routine will use all ranges of motions so joints and muscles are strengthened from all angles.
Body toning with a difference! A series of exercises, designed to lengthen, strengthen and condition the body. Our Pilates classes will challenge you in a relaxed environment and help all participants to gain great benefits, especially around core conditioning.
Power Pump is an amazing way to train to gain strength endurance. This pre-choreographed barbell class set to music will increase strength and tone in your legs, arms and upper body.
RIP 60/Suspension Training offers all the benefits gained from suspension training in addition to the benefits of adding rotation exercises which allows for a total body workout with extra emphasis on the core muscles.
Studio Cycling/Express Cycle
Studio Cycling is an indoor cycling class where the instructor will put you through your paces to motivational music. Enjoy a journey over long and winding hills, steady flats and steeper inclines to push you to improve your aerobic fitness and muscular endurance. Our 30 minute Express Cycle classes are perfect for those in a hurry and after a high-intensity workout. Make sure to bring water and a sweat towel, you will need it!
Yogalates is a combination of Yoga & Pilates – it incorporates the best of each. You can expect to get the core strength of Pilates with the lengthening of the muscles and overall toning & strengthening of Yoga. You will work on the whole body, have fun, feel fabulous and benefit from a more relaxed mind.
This style of yoga focuses on physical postures, flexibility, breathing exercises and meditation. Expect movement, not just stretching.
Total Body Conditioning
A class with the aim to hit as many of the major muscle groups as possible in every session with some cardiovascular work included to work up a sweat too! Perfect for those looking to get the most out of their time in the gym.
A combination of kettlebells and Rip-60 that will keep you working hard as you swap between the two, performing bodyweight, free weight and core focused exercises. A great full body workout that is suitable for everyone.
Functional Zone Training
Designed to push you to your limits using full body movements that work the body as unit. Exercises will involve both your own bodyweight and some equipment to give you a great workout while also keeping you as well balanced and injury free as possible. Ideal for anyone who wants to work hard using challenging and important exercises.
A combination of upper and lower body weighted resistance movements paired up with interval movements to steadily increase the heart rate. The primary aim of this training session is to kick-start the process of dropping body fat and building a leaner well rounded body.
Weekend Body Blast
Older Adult Fitness
A class of light to moderate intensity working the body from top to bottom with exercises that promote good posture, muscle preservation, balance and coordination, and cardiovascular health.
A little window of peace where you can look after yourself, recharge your batteries, relax your mind and body, and have some much deserved "ME" time! This class is suitable for everyone and by attending it will: help to increase your confidence and calmness, help you to destress, relax + re-energise, promote deep refreshing sleep and give you a sense of calm and tranquility . A relaxed mind = A relaxed body.....Let us show you how.
- Classes with a * and colour coded in green are free for all members.
- Booking required for classes. You can book as many classes as you wish in advance. Classes must be paid for at time of booking and a valid student/membership card shown.
- Classes are non-refundable and 24 hours notice is required if you wish to change or transfer a booking.
- Please inform your instructor of any illness/injuries that may affect you during exercise.
- Suitable clothing and sports footwear must be worn.
- Please note this timetable is subject to change.
Annual Class Pass
As a member you can avail of our one year class pass. This pass entitles you to sign up to our Trinity Sport Instructor Classes at a cost of €150. We have up to 65 classes to choose from, including Rip 60, Kettle bells, Yogalates & Bonz body blast.
Annual Class Pass Terms & Conditions
- This offer is available to annual members only.
- The rate is €150 for one year.
- Not all classes on the Exercise class timetable are included.
- Classes with an * on the timetable are not included in the annual class pass.
- Members who purchase the annual class pass still need to book into classes.
- Purchasing the annual class pass does not guarantee you a place in a class.
- Class places are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The annual class pass does not include courses.
- If you book a class and wish to cancel, 3 hours’ notice is required. Please notify reception in person or by telephone on 8961812. Failure to comply will be registered as a ‘No show’.
- Anyone who fails to attend a class (‘No Show’) twice or more in 1 calendar month will incur the charge for the classes and a suspension on their subscription i.e. cannot book classes in advance for 1 month, can only book at reception 15 minutes before class starts.
- By availing of the Annual Class Pass you agree to the above terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change and classes maybe disrupted due to bookings taking place in term.
- Classes with an * and colour coded in red on the timetable are not included in the annual class pass.
- Yoga, Pilates, Kettlebell, Rip 60, Ballet Sculpt, €5.50
- All other classes €4.50
- All 30 minute classes €2.50
- Pregnancy Relaxation, Relaxed Baby & Me - €10
- Yoga, Pilates, Kettlebell, Rip 60, Ballet Sculpt €10
- All other classes €8
- All 30 minute classes €4.50
- Pregnancy Relaxation, Relaxed Baby & Me - €12
To book a class
Call the Sports Centre reception on 01 896 1812 or arrive into the Sports Centre reception desk at least 15 minutes before the class is due to start.