Climbing Wall Courses
- Join the climbing club and obtain your climbing licence, SAVE €6.50. As a climbing club member you can join in all the climbing club sessions, which are free.
- Students can climb at other times, please show your licence and book at reception, charge is €1.60
- Book in for the competency test at the Sports Centre reception desk, charge €6.50.
- This test will examine you on how to put on a harness, tie a figure of 8, belay someone up and down the wall and to climb safely.
- The class will take approximately 1 hour and once you have passed the test you will be given your climbing licence card.
- This card will allow you to make bookings on the wall during open climb times. €1.60 Charge. See the noticeboard for available times.
- Lastly have fun and enjoy taking up this new and challenging sport!
- Climbing wall use €1.60 per hour
- Climbing wall licence €6.50
Climbing wall use €8 per hour (Reduced from €10.50) for an Adult & €5.50 for a child.
Climbing wall licence €17
Learn To Climb
Great place to start! Covering safety and basic indoor climbing technique, this class introduces climbers to safety practices, fundamental climbing knots, belay technique, climbing movement and basic climbing equipment and terms. Course includes belay certification; no experience necessary.
Every Monday, 23rd September - 14th October 6 - 8 pm
Every Wednesday, 25th September - 16th October 6 - 8pm
Every Wednesday, 23rd October - 13th November 6-8pm
Every Monday, 4th November - 25th November 6-8pm
Every Wednesday, 20th November - 11th December 6-8pm
Non Members: €65
Any climber with a valid TCD climbing licence may use the climbing wall, subject to availability. A Trinity College Climbing licence must be produced to book on the wall. The Sports Centre operates a “No Licence- No Climb” policy.
Cost: Member: €1.60 per session Non-Member: €10.50 per session