Climbing Wall Courses
- Join the climbing club and obtain your climbing licence, SAVE €6.50. As a climbing club member you can join in all the climbing club sessions, which are free.
- Students can climb at other times, please show your licence and book at reception, charge is €1.60
- Book in for the competency test at the Sports Centre reception desk, charge €6.50.
- This test will examine you on how to put on a harness, tie a figure of 8, belay someone up and down the wall and to climb safely.
- The class will take approximately 1 hour and once you have passed the test you will be given your climbing licence card.
- This card will allow you to make bookings on the wall during open climb times. €1.60 Charge. See the noticeboard for available times.
- Lastly have fun and enjoy taking up this new and challenging sport!
- Climbing wall use €1.60 per hour
- Climbing wall licence €6.50
Climbing wall use €8 per hour (Reduced from €10.50) for an Adult & €5.50 for a child.
Climbing wall licence €17
Summer Course dates
Monday 9th & 16th June 6pm-9pm
Wednesday 11th & 18th June 6pm-9pm
Monday 23rd & 30th June 6pm-9pm
Wednesday 25th & 2nd June 6pm-9pm
Monday 14th & 21st July 6pm-9pm
Wednesday 16th & 23rd July 6pm-9pm
Monday 11th & 18th Aug 6pm-9pm
Wed 13th & 20th Aug 6pm-9pm
Member €55 / Non Member €78
Courses: Are 2 weeks in length, 3hrs per session. Over the
course participants will learn all aspects of wall climbing
which includes information about climbing safety, learning
the various knots and correct procedures to belay, at
the end of the course a climbing licence will be issued
which will enable the climber to use the wall, subject to
availability at any time. The licence must be produced to
book onto the wall. Payment is requested at the time of
booking to guarantee your place. Participants must attend
Any climber with a valid TCD climbing licence may use the climbing wall, subject to availability. A Trinity College Climbing licence must be produced to book on the wall. The Sports Centre operates a “No Licence- No Climb” policy.
Cost: Member: €1.60 per session Non-Member: €8 per session