It is important to emphasise that all students, i.e., undergraduate, postgraduate, new entrants and existing students, will be required to complete the online tutorial ‘Ready, Steady, Write’. Students must ensure that the cover sheets they complete when submitting assessed work, contain the following declaration:
I have read and I understand the plagiarism provisions in the General Regulations of the University Calendar for the current year, found at: http://www.tcd.ie/calendar
I have also completed the Online Tutorial on avoiding plagiarism ‘Ready, Steady, Write’, located at http://tcd-ie.libguides.com/plagiarism/ready-steady-write
Students should read the items listed below to ensure that they understand plagiarism.
- The weblink to the Library Repository, http://tcd-ie.libguides.com/plagiarism
- The 2018-19 Calendar entry on plagiarism; Plagiarism
- Guidelines on the appropriate methodology for the kind of work that students will be expected to undertake. Providing discipline specific examples of good academic practice for referencing is very helpful for students. We would like to draw your attention to the 2018-19 Calendar entry on plagiarism which states that “[a]ll Schools and departments must include in their handbooks or other literature given to students, guidelines on the appropriate methodology for the kind of work that students will be expected to undertake”;
- A statement informing all students that they must complete the online tutorial on avoiding plagiarism ‘Ready, Steady, Write’, located at http://tcd-ie.libguides.com/plagiarism/ready-steady-write
- The template of the coversheet/s which students must complete and attach to work submitted in hard or soft copy or via Blackboard. NB. The coversheet must include the declaration noted above.
 UG: Calendar Part II, General Regulations, Academic Progress, Paragraphs 82 and following; PG Calendar Part III, General Regulations, Paragraphs 1.32 and following.