Incoming International Students (Postgraduate)
School of Physics Orientation
Once you have received confirmation of your acceptance from the School of Physics, you will be invited to attend our postgraduate student orientation. This session will provide you with all of the information that you need to start your PhD in the School of Physics, as well as inform you of the academic requirements of your postgraduate degree. Details of the next orientation session are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Physics has a dedicated Global Officer who provides assistance and advice to all incoming international postgraduate students on the following issues:
- Visa support letter
- Personal Public Service (PPS) number support letter
- Opening an Irish bank account
- Short term accommodation options in Dublin
- College services
You can contact our Global Officer, Dr Niamh McGoldrick by email.
General College Information and Orientation
- Trinity’s general postgraduate student orientation is available to all incoming postgraduate students and runs in postgraduate orientation week (September) of every academic year.
- Incoming international students can sign up for Trinity’s free Meet and Greet Service which runs in advance of the academic term (August/September and January each year).
- Trinity Student Learning and Development have published a new brochure, "How to Study in Trinity: A Guide for International Students." This brochure aims to inform international students on the various aspects of Trinity’s academic culture and expectations and offers practical advice on how to approach certain academic challenges that international students might experience.
- A helpful Orientation Map of Trinity College Dublin can be found here.
- New2Dublin is a meet-up group held every Monday night in the Global Room for all students new to the city (Irish and International). ou can read all about the group and find links to their social media sites here.
- Students studying at Trinity College Dublin have access to a comprehensive level of student support. Information about student support can be found here.