John Duffy obtained a B.A. in Theorectical Physics from Trinity College Dublin in 2010. John worked for a period of time as a research student under Mike Coey studying spin-logic devices.
Theory & Modelling Group
He accepted a PhD position with Mauro Ferreira in 2011 and is currently investigating the indirect exchange interaction in graphene using Green's funcions.
I investigate the fundamental properties of graphene with an eye towards application in nanoscale devices.
- J. M. Duffy, P. D. Gorman S. R. Power and M. S. Ferreira
- J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 26 055007 (2014)
- P. D. Gorman, J. M. Duffy, M. S. Ferreira and S. R. Power
- Phys. Rev. B 88, 085405 (2013)
- S. R. Power, P. D. Gorman, J. Duffy and M. S. Ferreira
- Phys. Rev. B 86, 195423 (2012)
School of Physics, Trinity College Dublin
Phone: +353 1 896 8455