The meeting venue is located in the Fitzgerald building on the main TCD campus.
Dublin airport (DUB) is easily accessible, with flight connections to almost all major European and inter-continental cities. From either airport terminal, Dublin city centre can be reached either by bus or by taxi.
Parking on campus is restricted, but there are carpark facilities nearby. Westland Row (Pearse Station) is the nearest DART stop.
Taxis are readily available outside both terminal buildings. The usual fare for a journey to Dublin city centre is approx. 20 EUR. The trip can be shortened by asking the driver to take the Port Tunnel. At most times this will incur a 3 EUR toll charge. However, at peak times on weekdays (06:00-10:00 from airport to city; 1600-1900 from city to airport), the toll charge rises to 10 EUR.
The conference venue can be reached by the following bus services, with relevant drop-off locations indicated by red symbols in the map:
- Aircoach – 7 EUR single, every 15 min to Grafton St (just beside the TCD front gate),
- 747 Airlink – 6 EUR single, every 15 min to Busáras (north of River Liffey) or College Green (at TCD front gate),
- Dublin Bus 41 – 2.60 EUR single, times vary to Lower Abbey St (10 min walk from the venue).
Train / DART
The conference venue can be reached by the DART train services from Connolly Station to Pearse station via the DART. See map.
The central location of TCD in Dublin city means that numerous hotels at a variety of room rates are within walking distance and attendees can easily explore the many delights of the city. A sample selection of hotels is provided here:
- Trinity Capital Hotel – <10 min walk
- Trinity Lodge Guesthouse – 10 min walk
- Jury’s Inn Custom House – <15 min walk
- Jury’s Inn Christchurch – 20-25 min walk
The following are just by the Grand Canal south of Dublin city centre: