November 2014: One PhD and one postdoc position available
- Newell F, Murtagh R, Hutzler S (2014), Does the Perceptual Discriminability of Spatial and Dynamic Patterns Shape our Preferences?, Abstracts of the Psychonomic Society — 55th Annual Meeting 19 158-159
- Hutzler S, Murtagh RP, Whyte D, Tobin ST, Weaire D (2014), Z-Cone model for the energy of an ordered foam, Soft Matter 10 7103-7108
- Garcia-Moreno F, Tobin ST, Mukherjee M, Jimènes C, Solòrzano, Kumar V, Hutzler S, Banhart J (2014), Analysis of liquid metal foams through X-ray radioscopy and microgravity experiments, Soft Matter 10 6955-6962
- Mughal A, Weaire D (2014), Theory of cylindrical dense packings of disks, Phys. Rev. E 89 042307
- Tobin ST, Weaire D, Hutzler S (2014), Theoretical analysis of the performance of a foam fractionation column, Proceedings of the Royal Society A 470 20130625
- Richmond P, Sexton MB, Hardiman SJ, Hutzler S (2014), Generalised Diffusion Model of Asset Price Fluctuations, The European Physical Journal B 87 63
- Bergin SD, Weaire D, Hutzler S (2014), The drop heard round the World, Physics World, May 2014, 26-29
- Sexton MB, Hardiman SJ, Möbius ME, Hutzler S (2014), Sheared disk packings as a model system for complex dynamics, Physica A 394 312319
The artist Tomas Saraceno prominently cites the work of the TCD foams group as a source of inspiration. This book includes an interview with Denis Weaire and many images of foam structures taken by the group
"The three authors are all experts in the field and have made seminal contributions to many aspects of econophysics. Their book is packed with interesting figures and thoughts."
— Thomas Peters, Book Review, Contemporary Physics, 2014
- First realisation of the Weaire–Phelan structure in experiment announced in November 2011.
- Media coverage of the research by the group on the Weaire–Phelan structure in Physics World.