August 2014: One PhD position available
- Hutzler S, Murtagh RP, Whyte D, Tobin ST, Weaire D (2014), Z-Cone model for the energy of an ordered foam, Soft Matter 10 7103-7108
- Garcia-Moreno F, Tobin ST, Mukherjee M, Jimènes C, Solòrzano, Kumar V, Hutzler S, Banhart J (2014), Analysis of liquid metal foams through X-ray radioscopy and microgravity experiments, Soft Matter 10 6955-6962
- Mughal A, Weaire D (2014), Theory of cylindrical dense packings of disks, Phys. Rev. E 89 042307
- Tobin ST, Weaire D, Hutzler S (2014), Theoretical analysis of the performance of a foam fractionation column, Proceedings of the Royal Society A 470 20130625
"The three authors are all experts in the field and have made seminal contributions to many aspects of econophysics. Their book is packed with interesting figures and thoughts on, to name a few, speculative bubbles, online betting markets and intermarriage in binary societies. I recommend it to anyone interested in the fascinating and interdisciplinary subject of econophysics."
— Thomas Peters, Book Review, Contemporary Physics, 2014
- Oscillator ran at the Science Gallery from 8 February – 14 April 2013.
- Packing Problems conference was hosted by the group in Trinity College Dublin from 2–5 September 2012.
- Media coverage of the Packings Problems conference and recent research by the group was featured in The Irish Times.
- First realisation of the Weaire–Phelan structure in experiment announced in November 2011.
- Media coverage of the research by the group on the Weaire–Phelan structure in Physics World.