Career pathways in Psychiatric Nursing?
Carefully consider all your career options. You may wish to travel abroad. The programme offers you a qualification recognised in many countries. If you enjoy challenging and stimulating work, with good career prospects psychiatric nursing offers you a variety of opportunities in a range of areas such as clinical, management, education and research.
Clinical Career Pathways
- Staff Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Manager 1
- Clinical Nurse Manager 2
- Clinical Nurse Manager 3
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Director of Nursing
- Nurse Tutor
- Assistant Lecturer
- Senior Lecturer
- Associate Professor
Research practice is a core component of all three pathways
- For more information visit the An Bord Altranais: Nursing Careers Centre
- Applications are made through the Central Applications Office (CAO) Galway.