The Old Library and the Book of Kells Exhibition are open seven days a week. However, from time to time and at short notice we have to close for a few hours. Where possible we post this on the home page of the website.
Monday - Saturday 09:30 - 17:00
Sunday (May - September) 09:30 - 16:30
Sunday (October - April) 12:00 - 16:30
Public Holiday Arrangements 2014
- St Patrick’s Day - Monday 17 March - open 12:00 - 16:30
- Good Friday - Friday 18 April - open 12:00 - 16:30
- Easter Monday - Monday 21 April - open 12:00 - 16:30
- May Holiday - Monday 05 May - open 09:30 - 17:00
- June Holiday - Monday 02 June - open 09:30 - 17:00
- August Holiday - Monday 04 August - open 09:30 - 17:00
- October Holiday - Monday 27 October - open 12:00 - 16:30
Trinity Ball, Friday 04 April: the Old Library and the Book of Kells Exhibition will close at 14:00 rather that 17:00 to allow for arrangements for the Ball and will remain closed for the rest of the day.
The Old Library and the Book of Kells Exhibition will close on Monday 23 December *2013* at 17:00 and will re-open again on Thursday 02 January 2014 at 09:30.
Special Events 2013
- St Patrick's Day - Sunday 17 March 2013 - open 12:00 to 16:30 - a free admission day for all to celebrate our National Day
- Culture Night - Friday 20 September - the Old Library and the Book of Kells Exhibition will be open from 17:00 to 22:00 with free admission for all. Numbers strictly limited. See our website nearer the time