Links to Third-level and adult courses
Corsi di italianoMany of Ireland's major third-level institutions offer Italian in some form, as part of a business, applied languages, or arts course:
Apart from the Italian Department at Trinity College Dublin....
- UCC (University College Cork) offers Italian as part of an arts degree; detailed on-line information on undergraduate and postgraduate courses can be found in the comprehensive Italian department web site.
- The National University of Ireland, Galway, also has a good Italian department web site. New courses on translation and film are being planned.
- Within the School of Languages, Literatures and Film at UCD (University College Dublin), the Italian department is one of the largest in Ireland or Britain. The School's web site gives some information on Italian courses.
- At the Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), Italian is included in the International Business and Languages degree
- At the Waterford Institute of Technology Italian may be studied as part of a National Diploma in Business Studies, Languages and Marketing, or as part of a BA in Applied Languages.
- In CIT (Cork Institute of Technology), Italian can be studied as part of the Bachelor of Business in Marketing degree .
- At the GMIT - Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, Italian may be studied as part of the National Diploma in Humanities: Film & Television and the Diploma in Art & Design..
- Classes for adult learners are available at the Italian Cultural Institute in Dublin, and at other colleges and institutes.