Dr. Lingli Zhou
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Tel: + 353 1 896 1363
Office: Museum Building, Research Room B
My current research is to develop mineral scale 2/3-D mapping of metal distribution in sulphide ores with laser ablation ICP-MS. The project runs as part of the iCRAG SFI Research Centre, in the Raw Materials spoke. A particular focus of this project is to develop analytical methods for quantifying the occurrence of precious metals and energy critical elements in a variety of sulphide ores. By visualising the interior compositional textures of sulphides, it is also possible to define the genesis of ore deposits and to determine the fluid evolution.
The up-to-date progress is that this methodology has been developed and applied to sulphide ores from a number of deposits worldwide through collaborations. Case studies include the Pardo Au deposit in Ontario, Canada (in collaboration with Laurentian University), Qingchenzi Pb-Zn-Au-Ag ore field, NE China, Bianjiadayuan Pb–Zn–Ag deposit, Inner Mongolia, NE China (in collaboration with Institute of geology and geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences), Bayinwula roll-front U deposit, NE China (in collaboration with East China University of Technology), Kuroko-type volcanic-hosted massive sulphide mineralization at Iheya North, Japan (in progress, in collaboration with University College Dublin).
The next step of the project is to applying this analytical method to sulphide ores from a variety of past and active ore bodies and tailings to quantify the occurrence of precious metals and energy critical elements, aiming to optimise the geometallurgy process through industry collaboration.
Before joining the TCD team, I worked on a number of geoscience applications covering a broad disciplines of geology. And my research interests mainly include:
• Analytical mineralogy: use of traditional and advanced analytical methods to reveal mineral texture and geochemical compositions on 2/3D scale
• Applied mineralogy: application of mineralogy and geochemistry in coating and cement industry.
• Ore geology: fingerprinting magmatic and hydrothermal fluids in ore deposits at geochemistry, mineralogy and petrology scale.
• Sedimentary geochemistry: provenance and weathering intensity evaluation and diagnosis.
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=zKKcNncAAAAJ&hl=en
Research gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Lingli_Zhou
- Lingli Zhou, Qingdong Zeng, Xiaoxia Duan, Zuolun Zhang, 2018. What triggers fertile porphyritic Mo magmas in subduction setting: A case study from the supergiant Daheishan Mo deposit, NE China. Lithos, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lithos.2018.07.017
- Lingli Zhou, Henrik Friis, Melanie Roefzaad, Kasper Bondo Hansen, Sara Eistenhardt, Asger Gade Andersen, Naja Tabrizian, Nikolaj Zangenberg, 2018. Steam initiated hydrotalcite conversion coatings: Application to environmental Al alloy surface treatment. Surface and Coating Technology https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2018.02.037
- Sun, Yan, Jianming Liu, Qingdong Zeng, Jingbin Wang, Lingli Zhou, and Yuwang Wang, 2018. Genetic links between porphyry Mo and peripheral quartz vein Mo–Cu mineralization in the Baituyingzi district, eastern Inner Mongolia, NE China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2018.04.006.
- Zeng, Qingdong, Weikang Guo, Huaiyu He, Lingli Zhou, Guohua Cheng, Fei Su, Yongbin Wang, and Ruiliang Wang, 2018. He, Ar, and S isotopic compositions and origin of giant porphyry Mo deposits in the Lesser Xing’an Range–Zhangguangcai Range metallogenic belt, northeast China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2018.04.002
- Zhou, Tiancheng, Qingdong Zeng, Shaoxiong Chu, Lingli Zhou, and Yueheng Yang, 2018. Magmatic oxygen fugacities of porphyry Mo deposits in the East Xing’an-Mongolian Orogenic Belt with metallogenic implications. Journal of Asian Earth Scienceshttps://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2018.04.004
- Yang, Tian, Yingchang Cao, Henrik Friis, Yanzhong Wang, and Lingli Zhou, 2018. Diagenetic evolution and chemical changes of deep-water mudstones of Shahejie Formation in the Dongying Sag, Jiyang Depression, Eastern China." Marine and Petroleum Geology 93: 14-32.
- Lingli Zhou, Henrik Friis, Tian Yang, Arne T. Nielsen, 2017. Geochemical interpretation of the Precambrian basement and overlying Cambrian sandstone on Bornholm, Denmark: implications for the weathering history. Lithos 286-287: 369-387 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.lithos.2017.06.019
- Lingli Zhou, Cora A. McKenna, Balz Kamber, 2017. LA-ICP-MS elemental mapping of pyrite: An application to the Palaeoproterozoic atmosphere. Precambrian Research 297: 33-55.
- Yang, Tian, Yingchang Cao, Henrik Friis, Keyu Liu, Yanzhong Wang, Lingli Zhou, Shaomin Zhang, and Huina Zhang, 2017. Genesis and distribution pattern of carbonate cements in lacustrine deep-water gravity-flow sandstone reservoirs in the third member of the Shahejie Formation in the Dongying Sag, Jiyang Depression, Eastern China. Marine and Petroleum Geology https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2017.11.020.
- Xiao-xia Duan, Qing-dong Zeng, Yong-bin Wang, Ling-li Zhou, Bin Chen, 2017. Genesis of the Pb−Zn deposits of the Qingchengzi ore field, eastern Liaoning, China: Constraints from carbonate LA− ICPMS trace element analysis and C–O–S–Pb isotopes. Ore Geology Reviews 89: 752-771.
- Yan Sun, Jianming Liu, Qingdong Zeng, Jingbin Wang, Yuwang Wang, Ruizhong Hu, Lingli Zhou, Guanbin Wu, Yuyou Gao, Wenjun Shen, 2017. Geology and hydrothermal evolution of the Baituyingzi porphyry Mo (Cu) deposit, eastern Inner Mongolia, NE China: Implications for Mo and Cu precipitation mechanisms in CO2-rich fluids. Ore Geology Reviews 81: 689-705.
- Yan Sun, Jianming Liu, Qingdong Zeng, Jingbin Wang, Yuwang Wang, Ruizhong Hu, Lingli Zhou, Guanbin Wu, 2017. Mo-mineralized porphyries are relatively hydrous and differentiated: insights from the Permian-Triassic granitic complex in the Baituyingzi Mo–Cu district, eastern Inner Mongolia, NE China. Mineralium Deposita doi:10.1007/s00126-016-0702-8.
- Brodbeck, Maurice, Lingli Zhou, Balz S. Kamber, 2017. The distribution of precious and energy critical metals at the scale of a copper deposit. Applied Earth Science: 1-1.
- Yongbin Wang, Qingdong Zeng, Shouke Sun, Lingli Zhou, Shaoxiong Chu, Yunpeng Guo, 2016. The sources of ore-forming material in the low-sulfidation epithermal Wulaga gold deposit, NE China: Constraints from S, Pb isotopes and REE pattern. Ore geology Reviews 76: 140-151.
- Qingdong Zeng, Feng Guo, Lingli Zhou, Xiaoxia Duan, 2016. Two periods of mineralization in Xiaoxinancha Au–Cu Deposit, NE China: Evidences from the Geology and Geochronology. Geological Journal 51: 51-64.
- Lingli Zhou, Henrik Friis, Melanie Roefzaad, Kasper Bondo Hansen, Sara Eisenhardt, Nikolaj Zangenberg, 2015. Formation of hydrotalcite coating on the Aluminum alloy in spray system. Clay Minerals 50: 583-592.
- Lingli Zhou, Henrik Friis, Mette Lise Kjær Poulsen, 2015. Geochemical evaluation of the late Paleocene and early Eocene shales in Siri Canyon, Danish-Norwegian Basin. Marine and Petroleum Geology 61: 111-122.
- Lingli Zhou, Qingdong Zeng, Jianming Liu, Zuolun Zhang, Xiaoxia Duan, Shaoxiong Chu, 2015. Ore genesis and fluid evolution of the Daheishan giant porphyry Molybdenum deposit, NE China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 97: 486-505.
- LingLi Zhou, Qingdong Zeng, Jianming Liu, Henrik Friis, Zuolun Zhang, Xiaoxia Duan, Tingguang Lan, 2014. Geochronology of magmatism and mineralization of the Daheishan giant porphyry molybdenum deposit, Jilin Province, Northeast China: constraints on ore genesis and implications for geodynamic setting. International Geology Review 56: 929-953.
- Qingdong Zeng, Jianming Liu, Shaoxiong Chu, Yongbin Wang, Yan Sun, Xiaoxia Duan and Lingli Zhou, Wenjun Qu, 2014. Re-Os and U-Pb geochronology of the Duobaoshan porphyry Cu-Mo-(Au) deposit, northeast China, and its geological significance. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 79: 895-909.
- Xiaoxia Duan, Qingdong Zeng, Jinhui Yang, Jianming Liu, Yongbin Wang, Lingli Zhou, 2014. Geochronology, geochemistry and Hf isotope of Late Triassic magmatic rocks of Qingchengzi district in Liaodong peninsula, Northeast China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 91: 107-124.
- Xiaoxia Duan, Qingdong Zeng, Yongbin Wang, Lingli Zhou, 2014. Sources of Qingchengzi Pb‐Zn Orefield: Implications from Pb Isotope. Acta Geologica Sinica (English Edition) s2: 1604-1606.
- Lingli Zhou, Qingdong Zeng, Jianming Liu, Henrik Friis, Zuolun Zhang, Xiaoxia Duan, 2013. Geochronology of the Xingshan molybdenum deposit, Jilin Province, NE China, and its Hf isotope significance. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 75: 58-70.
- Lingli Zhou, Henrik Friis, 2013. Quartz cementation mechanisms between adjacent sandstone and shale in Middle Cambrian, West Lithuania. EGU General Assembly 2013 http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2013EGUGA..15.8168Z
- Qingdong Zeng, Jianming Liu, Kezhang Qin, Hongrui Fan, Shaoxiong Chu, Yongbin Wang, Lingli Zhou, 2013. Types, characteristics, and time–space distribution of molybdenum deposits in China. International Geology Review 55: 1311-1358.
- Yan Sun, Jianming Liu, Qingdong Zeng, Shaoxiong Chu, Lingli Zhou, Guanbin Wu, Yuyou Gao, Wenjun Shen, 2013. Geological characteristics and molybdenite Re-Os ages of Baituyingzi Mo-Cu field, eastern Inner Mongolia and their geological implications. Acta Petrologica Sinica 29: 241-254 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Qingdong Zeng, Jianming Liu, Shaoxiong Chu, Yongbin Wang, Yan Sun, Xiaoxia Duan, Lingli Zhou, 2012. Mesozoic molybdenum deposits in the East Xingmeng orogenic belt, northeast China: characteristics and tectonic setting. International Geology Review 54: 1843-1869.
- Xiaoxia Duan, Jianming Liu, Yongbin Wang, Lingli Zhou, Yonggui Li, Bin Li, Zhuang Zhang, Zuolun Zhang, 2012. Geochronology, geochemistry and geological significance of Late Triassic magmatism in Qingchengzi Orefield, Liaoning. Acta Petrologica Sinica 28: 595-606 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Lingli Zhou, Qingdong Zeng, Jianming Liu, Zuolun Zhang, Xiaoxia Duan, Wenwen Chen, Yanchun Li, Jinjiang Wei, 2010. Mineralization stages and fissure distribution regularity of the Daheishan porphyry molybdenum deposit in Jilin Province. Geology and Exploration 46: 0448-0454 (in Chinese with English abstract).
PhD thesis, January, 2015. Geochemical basis of mineral precipitation and transformation, and its application in coating industry, Department of Geoscience, Aarhus University. pp. 1-157.
PhD thesis, June, 2014. The mineralization model of the Daheishan supergiant porphyry Mo deposit in Jilin province, NE China, and regional porphyry Mo mineralisation regularity, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. pp. 1-208.