|Trinity College Maps||Irish Geological Links||Geological Organisations||UK Geoscience Depts||Journals|
|Reference Tools||Newsgroups||Cool Geology Sites||Employment||Non-Geological|
Irish Geological Links
- Irish Geological Association
- Geophysical Association of Ireland
- Institute of Geologists of Ireland
- University College Dublin Fault Analysis Group.
- University College Dublin Geophysics Research Group.
- University College Dublin Geology Department.
- University College Cork Geology Department.
- NUI Galway Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences
- Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies Geophysics Section.
- IQUA Irish Association for Quaternary Studies
- GSI Geological Survey of Ireland.
- RIA The Royal Irish Academy.
- Irish Research Scientists' Association.
- Irish WWW Servers
- Irish National Information Server Contains useful Irish research resources including websites for the major universities.
- Earth Science Section, National Museum of Ireland email firstname.lastname@example.org
- BGS British Geological Survey.
- The Geological Society of London
- USGS United States Geological Survey.
- GSA The Geological Society of America.
- AAPG American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
- Natural History Museum, London
- The Mineralogical Society
- The Clay Minerals Society
- BSRG British Sedimentological Research Group.
- UK Earth Science Courseware Consortium Computer based learning courseware for use in Earth Sciences.
- AGU American Geophysical Union
- IMAG International Association for Mathematical Geology
UK Geoscience Departments
- Aberdeen University Department of Geology and Petroleum Geology.
- Birmingham University School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences.
- Cardiff University School of Earth, Ocean and Planetary Sciences.
- The Queen's University, Belfast School of Geography
- Bristol University Department of Geology.
- Cambridge University Department of Earth Sciences.
- Imperial College London Department of Earth Science and Engineering
- Royal Holloway Department of Geology.
- University College London Department of Earth Sciences.
- University of Durham Department of Earth Sciences
- University of Edinburgh School of Geosciences
- University of Glasgow Division of Earth Sciences.
- Heriot-Watt University Institute of Petroleum Engineering
- University of Keele School of Earth Sciences and Geography
- University of Kingston School of Earth Sciences and Geography
- University of Leeds School of Earth and Environment
- University of Liverpool Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences
- University of Leicester Geology Department.
- Manchester University School of Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences
- Open University Department of Earth Sciences.
- Oxford University Department of Earth Sciences.
- University of Plymouth Department of Geological Sciences.
- University of Southampton School of Ocean and Earth Science.
- University of St. Andrews School of Geography and Geosciences
- UK Academic WWW Map "The easiest and the best way of locating and linking to a British University"
- All AGU Journals
- Journal of Geophysical Research
- Water Resources Research
- Geophysical Research Letters
- Journal of Metamorphic Geology
- Journal of Structural Geology
- Geology Today
- New Scientist
- Scientific American
- Journal of Geology
- Clays and Clay Minerals
- Journal of Seismology
- Annual Reviews in Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America
- Pure and Applied Geophysics )
- Iverson Software: Geology Glossary / Dictionary of Terms & Terminology
- Schlumberger oilfield glossary
- Society of Professional Well-log Analysts glossary
- The World Stress Map
- Geo-Tectonics Discussion group of the Tectonics Studies Group
- GeoModNet Exchanging ideas about modelling and case studies in geosciences
Cool Geology Sites
- The rock cycle illustrated
- Things every geologist should see - Images and links
- The Quaternary Research Association
- Very Low-Grade
Metamorphism Home Page Diagenesis and low temperature metamorphism in
clastic, carbonate and volcanic rocks with special emphasis on clay
minerals, petrology, isotopic studies, organic maturation,
geochemistry, fluids, standards and calibration procedures.
- The Cambridge
Crystallographic Data Centre
- Rob's Granite Page
- Structural Geology on
the Web a
deformed roadcut on the information superhighway
Virtual Earth A Tour of the World Wide Web for Earth Scientists
Soft Earth Software and Software Sites
- The Virtual Geosciences Professor an amazing resource, full of links to geological websites
- Amethyst Galleries Mineral Gallery an internet "rock shop" with searchable mineralogical data
- EARTHWORKS Current geoscience
- The Geological Society of London, jobs page
- Geology Education and Career Information
- New Scientist Earth Science jobs page
- Recruitment website for oil industry
- The Periodic table
- Webmonkey Web tutorials
- Eric Weissteins treasure troves of science on-line encyclopedia of maths and science
- Convert-me convert any units to any other (even roman or biblical!)
- How Many? A Dictionary of Units of Measurement and conversions
- Writing tips webpages