Continuing Professional Development
- Magical Materials – nano and materials science in the classroom ➤➤ Further Details [PDF]
- Teaching Mathematics in a fun way ➤➤Further Details [PDF]
- Genre and Grammar: An Integrated Approach towards Literacy Expansion and Assessment ➤➤Further Details [PDF]
- Addressing Special Educational Needs in a Mainstream Class ➤➤ Further Details [PDF]
- Teaching and Learning in a Classroom for pupils with Autism ➤➤Further Details [PDF]
- Special Educational Support for the Mainstream School ➤➤ Details to follow
The Division of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) provides consultancy services and organises courses for schools, teachers, students and others with a professional interest in education. In response to requests from our internal and external stakeholders, the Division can provide lectures, seminars and workshops, ranging from half-day and one-day programmes to longer courses as required. Where possible, courses can be organised in different locations throughout the country.
The newly re-structured Division of Continuing Professional Development aims to facilitate the following activities:
- the provision of extra-mural courses in the field of education (arts, management and sciences);
- organisation of cultural and educational visits/exchanges with groups of school-going pupils and teachers, students, academics and visiting scholars;
- involvement of alumni through the provision of occasional lectures to students, staff and other guests;
- public dissemination of research findings from the School research centres.
Professional Growth in Special Inclusive Education
(All sessions held in Drumcondra Education Centre Dublin 9.)
Participants must select 3 topics in order to satisfy the criteria for certification. Certification is normally completed over the course of three years. However participants can choose to complete the certificate in less than three years. Registration opens in September. Topics will commence each October subject to sufficient numbers across topics.
The Certificate has been developed to support and extend the pedagogical knowledge of practicing primary and post-primary teachers. It has been created to purposefully address CPD requirements as outlined by the Teaching Council of Ireland (Cosán, The National Framework Teachers’ Learning, 2016). The suite is composed of topics currently relevant to special and inclusive education in Ireland. Each topic is designed with the ethical values of the profession in mind: Respect, Care, Integrity and Trust. It recognises the autonomy of the teacher as a responsible professional within the field of special and inclusive education. All topics address Literacy, Numeracy, ICT and School Self-Evaluation in support of national initiatives. Each topic will run across term one and term two of the school year. An enrolment will be taken for each topic.
Who is the Certificate for?
This certificate is for primary and post-primary teachers registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland.
Brochure details HERE [PDF]
To register a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the possibility of organising a staff development course or other consultancy services through the auspices of the Division of CPD in the School of Education, please contact the Co-ordinator, Dr. Carmel O’Sullivan at the following address:
Division of Continuing Professional Development
School of Education
Room 3087, Arts Building
Trinity College Dublin