Programme Requirements for TSM Students
- Junior Freshman (Year 1)
- Senior Freshman (Year 2)
- Junior Sophister (Year 3)
- Senior Sophister (Year 4)
Junior Freshman (Year 1) Modules
Students must take modules equivalent to 30 ECTS. All modules have an ECTS weighting of 10. Students must take EC1010 and EC1030 with the exception of mathematics/economics students, who must take EC1010 and mathematics modules ST1251/1252.
In addition to the above modules, students are required to choose one of the following modules:
- EC1040 Introduction to Economic Policy
- SO1310 Introduction to Sociology
- PO1600 Introduction to Political Science
- LA1240 Introduction to Law
- SS1766 Introduction to Social Policy
Senior Freshman (Year 2)Modules
- EC2010 Intermediate Economics
- EC2020 The Economy of Ireland
- SO2310 Introduction to Social Research
- EC2040 Mathematical and Statistical Methods
Students must take courses equivalent to 30 ECTS. All courses have an ECTS weighting of 10. Mathematics/economics students must take EC2010, EC2020 and SO2310. Other students must take EC2010, EC2020 and EC2040.
Junior Sophister (Year 3) Modules
Students must take courses equivalent to 30 ECTS including at least one of EC3010, EC3021, EC3060 and EC3090. All courses have an ECTS weighting of 10. Students may take Broad Curriculum courses equivalent to 10 ECTS instead of one of their options. Students intending to take their moderatorship part II in economics in pattern B must take EC3010 and EC3090. Mathematics/economics students may not take EC3080.
- EC3010 Economic Analysis
- EC3021 Money and Banking
- EC3030 The European Economy
- EC3040 The Economics of Less Developed Countries
- EC3050 Investment Analysis
- EC3060 Economics of Policy Issues
- EC3071 Industrial Economics: Competition, Strategy and Policy
- EC3080 Mathematical Economics
- EC3090 Econometrics
Senior Sophister (Year 4)
Pattern A students must take courses equivalent to 30 ECTS. Pattern A students may not take EC4130 Economics dissertation. Pattern B students must take courses equivalent to 60 ECTS. All courses have an ECTS weighting of 15.
TSM Economics and Mathematics may only choose EC4090 as a mathematics course.