Why submit an essay?
There are plenty of reasons why to contribute:
- The Student Economic Review is one of Trinity’s most prestigious societies and one of Europe’s only student-run Economic journal.
- Essays are accepted from students of all years. In particular, we reserve places for a minimum of two Senior Freshman essays and five Junior Sophister essays. So, if you’re in the early stages of your undergraduate degree, please consider submitting your work for consideration.
- It's always a noteworthy achievement to have a written work published, particularly at an undergraduate level. The SER offers Trinity students such an opportunity. What's more, publication is an advantageous feature on any CV.
- Any of you contemplating attempting the Scholarship exams this year may find the SER an ideal opportunity to try out and develop essay ideas and writing skills; such skills being a pre-requisite for success in Schols.
- All those kind enough to submit material for our consideration will be invited along to the official launch of the SER on Tuesday 25th March 2014.
- As a further incentive, published essays will be eligible for financial prizes under the following categories:
- Best Overall Essay
- Best International Essay
- Best Freshman Essay
- These prizes will be presented on the night of the launch.