Filming and Photography in Trinity
Trinity College wishes to publicise its teaching, research and student life activities to as wide an audience as possible. The College is also conscious that its historic campus is part of our national heritage – a heritage which should be shared with the citizens of Dublin and visitors. Media broadcasts are one form of communication through which the College can communicate with large audiences and Trinity welcomes the opportunity to work with programme makers in recording their broadcasts in College whenever the opportunity arises.
Trinity receives many requests for photographic sessions or to film and record programme material on Campus and in order to facilitate and manage these applications, with minimal disruption to the work of the College, Trinity has in place procedures which, if followed, will ensure that the photographer or broadcaster secures the best possible outcome by way of facilities and support from the College. At all times Trinity will endeavour to facilitate the needs of the photographer or broadcaster when considering these requests.
Any company or individual seeking permission to photograph/record television, radio and/or video broadcasts on any property owned by, or under the control of, Trinity College Dublin must send a written proposal in advance to email@example.com
Notice of at least five working days must be given to the Communications Office. Only in the most exceptional circumstances will consideration be given to requests for which 5 working days notice is not possible.
Each request should outline:
- Nature of the filming/recording/photography and, if freelance, details of who the work is being carried out on behalf of
- Intended audiences and transmissions/usage
- Proposed location(s) – please see the TCD College Maps
- Equipment which will be used
- Number of personnel in crew
- Date(s) on which it is intended to film/record/photograph
- Crew arrvival time and the estimated duration of the filming/recording/photography
- Contact details of requestor and of a member of the crew who will be on site
- If vehicle access or parking is required please provide the make and registration number of the vehicle - please note only one parking space per crew will be allocated, and parking on campus may not be available at all during certan times.
- Please see here for insurance requirement guidelines
The College will assess all proposals and endeavour to advise the requestor of the outcome within three working days of the receipt of the request.
Requests for filming and photography in the Old Library should be sent to Visitor Services Manager, Anne-Marie Diffley at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on filming and photography in the Old Library can be found here.
For filming and photography of manuscripts please contact the Manuscripts & Archives Research Library.
No film/recording crews will be admitted to any Trinity College property without the appropriate confirmation from the Communications Office.