Research in the School of Chemistry
The School Chemistry has an active research program which spans all sub-disciplines of Chemistry. There are a great many inter-departmental and international research programmes currently underway.
Research topics have been grouped into several main sections (below), however there is a great deal of overlap between these sections.
Research income is earned from national, international and commercial sources and the School holds grants in a number of research programmes funded by the European community. Several groups are involved in networks of European laboratories, often as co-ordinators. The College fosters an interdisciplinary approach to research and members of the Department have strong links with colleagues in the physical, technological and biological sciences throughout the College.
- ASIN - Architecture and Synthesis of Integrated Nanostructures
- Bioinspired Inorganic Chemistry Group
- Glycotherapeutics Research Group
- Materials and Device Photochemistry Group
- SFI Tetrapyrrole Laboratory
- Supramolecular Chemistry and Nanomaterials
- Trinity Electrochemical Energy Conversion & Electrocatalysis (TEECE) Group