Websites with information on career areas and how to access them:
www.careersportal.ie - database of generic job descriptions (including many video case studies), the current state of the labour market and how to get into the area.
www.prospects.ac.uk - follow "Explore Types of Jobs" under "Jobs & Work"
www.insidecareers.co.uk - particularly useful for careers in Accountancy (Chartered), Actuarial, Banking & Securities, Engineering & Technology, General Management, Human Resources, Insurance, Information Technology, Logistics & Transport, Management Accountancy, Management Consultancy, Marketing, patent Attorneys, Pensions, Purchasing & Supply, Retail Management, Sales, Tax Advisers.
10 Minutes With is an educational resource to help students understand the true nature of different jobs. The resource comprises short video interviews with company directors, executives and business people of all sorts. Register here to get started.
- The Vault Online Library - There is exclusive access for Trinity students. You will need to create an account to use this resource. Vault’s Career Insider is a source of Career Intelligence, focusing on the USA. This resource contains:
- Guides on careers and employers in industry sectors e.g. education, healthcare, international development, fundraising and philanthropy, investment banking, to name but a few.
- Profiles of worldwide companies.
- Career and job search advice on topics e.g. resumes and case interviews.
- 1000 articles and 5 general career guides on a range of career related topics.
- Career topics and industry related message boards.
List of occupational folders held in the Careers Information Centre, 7-9 South Leinster St. Each folder contains profiles, casebooks and other interesting material.
* Website updated 2012/13