How we can support you
Trinity College Dublin graduates can access a range of supports from the professional team of Careers Consultants at Trinity Careers Service. These include:
MyCareer online careers portal
MyCareer is the online portal that connects you with Trinity Careers Service. Log in and personalise your profile to receive updates about events and opportunities of interest to you. Using MyCareer you can:
- Search and apply for opportunities - vacancies and competitions
- Search postgraduate courses and funding opportunities
- View and book onto employer and Trinity Careers Service events
- Submit your career queries to the Careers Service team
- Book an appointment with your Careers Consultant- available to recent graduates until 30th June in the year following their course ending. Please see 'Recent graduate career guidance appointments' for more information
Planning your career and figuring out your next steps in a world full of choices can be challenging, and we are here to help. We offer individual Recent Graduate career guidance appointments throughout the academic year and during holiday periods, depending on availability. This is a confidential, impartial and non-directive meeting with a qualified careers consultant with responsibility for the course you studied, who will support you in planning the next step in your career.
Topics covered in these sessions can include, but are not limited to, options available within your preferred area, feedback on an application, further study options, disclosure of health problems to employers or gaps on your CV. You can book a 20 minute Recent Graduate appointment through MyCareer.
Policy on Services to Graduates
- Recent graduates can continue to avail of all services including booking an appointment. Appointments can be booked until the 30th June in the year following your course ending.
- Graduates of over 1 year can continue to avail of all services except book an appointment. Those seeking an appointment can refer to the Institute of Guidance Counsellors for a list of private practitioners
Practice interviews offer a great opportunity for you to get ready for a real job interview. This highly practical support helps to boost your confidence and increase your interviewing skills. During a practice interview an experienced Careers Consultant will take you through an interview scenario, asking you interview questions based on the job to which you are applying. There is the option to be filmed while answering questions to enhance your learning. After the practice interview you will receive feedback from the consultant, and watch clips of the video to help you gain an understanding of what you are doing well and what could be improved. This service is particularly beneficial if you haven’t experienced an interview before, if you have had a number of interviews without securing a job offer, or if you haven’t attended an interview in a long time.
More information on practice interviews is available here:
CV and LinkedIn clinic
Qualified Careers Consultants offer a drop-in session on a weekly basis to review your CV, cover letter or LinkedIn profile. This is a 10 minute drop-in meeting with a consultant who will review one document and give you feedback to help you to improve it further. As a graduate you are welcome to come in if you want a general review of one of these documents, or if you want support tailoring towards a particular job. No registration is required, simply come along with a printed copy of your CV or cover letter for review. Login to MyCareer to view timings for the drop in sessions.
Online Tools - Profiling for Success, Vault Career Insider and GoinGlobal
Trinity graduates can access exclusive online tools such as:
Profiling for Success
Profiling for Success is a series of online psychometric tests that can help you learn more about yourself and your strengths, which will help you make informed career and personal choices.
Assessments available through Profiling for Success are
- Values based Indicator of Motivation
- Type Dynamics Indicator (TDI) personality type questionnaire
- EI Questionnaire Plus
- Career Interests Inventory
- Numerical Reasoning Skills Test (Aptitude Test)
- Verbal Reasoning Skills Test (Aptitude Test)
- Abstract Reasoning Skills Test (Aptitude Test)
- Learning Styles Indicator questionnaire
Before you take the test you should read our Profiling for Success summary.
Vault Career Insider
The Vault’s Career Insider has been added to our vast collection of resources at the Careers Service.
Vault is the world’s leading source of Career Intelligence. It will make your efforts at researching employers, industries, and career subjects infinitely easier and more efficient. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or you are ready for your interview, Career Insider can help!
Here’s what you can do once you’re inside:
- Download career titles on different Industries, Companies, and general Career Topics for FREE! Research Top Employers
- Explore Industries and Professions
- Gain Career Advice to Get Ahead
- Share and Discuss your interests and experiences with other users
- Much more
GoinGlobal career and employment resources include world-wide job openings, internship listings, industry profiles and country-specific career information.
More than 30,000 pages of constantly-updated content is included on topics such as: work permit/visa regulations, resume writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, cultural/interviewing advice, corporate profiles and worldwide job listings and much more.
If you would like to access online tools please contact the Trinity Careers Service team email@example.com. There is a non-refundable fee of €40 associated with accessing the package of online tools: Profiling for success, Vault Career Insider and GoinGlobal.
The Careers Service has developed great relationships with organisations within various industries and links students and graduates with employers at the Employer Fair. You can get information about job opportunities, career perspectives and get a first-hand experience from talking to top employers. Employer Fairs are tailored to specific industries and you are welcome to attend a fair of your interest. Login to MyCareer to view and register for upcoming events.