What is mentoring?
Career mentoring is a relationship between a student or graduate ('mentee') and a more experienced graduate ('mentor'), who is there to support the mentee with developing their career. the purpose of the relationship is the passing on of knowledge, experience and offering advice. Mentors can help with preparing for the world of work, discuss career options and offer practical assistance with getting jobs and a place on a prostgraduate course.
Trinity alumni mentors work in a wide range of sectors and locations. It is up to the mentee to select a mentor that interests them. Graduates and students of Trinity have exclusive access to Trinity Alumni Online Mentoring, where mentees can connect with mentors. Mentors and mentees will build a mentoring relationship, helping mentees achieve their mentoring objectives.
Do you wish to be a mentor or to find a mentor?
Are you a Trinity graduate eager to pass on your knowledge and insight to the next generation or are you looking for career mentoring from Trinity alumni?
Mentors have the opportunity to:
- Develop key skills around listening, questioning, facilitating, empathising and rapport-building.
- Reflect on yoru own career development.
- Extend your experience in developing people.
- Feel involved with, and give back to, the Trinity community.
Become a mentor to Trinity students and alumni.
Mentees have the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable insight into and knowledge sectors and industries of choice.
- Receive support and advice to help you achieve your career and professional development goals.
Find a mentor that suits your needs