Do you need students with language skills?
Here at Trinity College Dublin our student community consists of a diverse mix of students from over 90 different countries around the world and studying various different languages. Trinity currently offers courses in a variety of languages including French, German, Irish, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish and Hebrew.
Trinity Careers Advisory Service (CAS) are now offering a service whereby you the employer can take advantage of the expert language skills of many of our undergraduate and postgraduate students and graduates. So whether it’s Chinese, Japanese, Russian or German you are looking for, our students can cater for your requirements.
At the same time you will be offering the student valuable insight into your organisation.
How does it work?
- If you have a need for language skills, you advertise the position on the Trinity Careers
Advisory Service site free of charge and we will actively target students with the language skills required.
- The recruitment and selection process is then managed by you. This gives flexibility in terms of whether selection for the position requires a full CV or just a chat on the phone.
What job roles are suitable?
- Any position where you feel language skills will be of value.
- Examples of ways in which students can help your organisation include informal translation
or interpreting services, accompanying staff on overseas business trips, attending trade events or researching foreign markets. The list is endless and can be tailored to your unique requirements.
- It is important to be clear in your ad about the nature of the role (description of tasks) and
the level of language ability required (conversational or fluent etc).
How long should an assignment be?
- That is up to you! The students are interested in short-term, part-time, casual positions
during term time or full-time positions over the summer months or upon graduation.
- Positions could range from short-term work over a few days, to longer term assignments
over a couple of months.
How do I get involved?
It’s easy! You can advertise directly on our website.