Graduates - How to Contact Us
If you are a recent TCD graduate you can:
Make an appointment to meet your Careers Adviser
Advice and guidance are available at an Individual Meeting.
Times are Monday - Friday, 10.00am, 11.00am, 12noon, 2.15pm & 3.15pm
This is a 20 to 40 minute meeting. An appointment is necessary.
- Please read the information leaflet 'Meeting your Careers Adviser'.
- Complete an Appointment Form (also available in CAS Reception):
This form helps your Careers Adviser prepare for your appointment. We cannot make an appointment unless we receive this form. Please send any documents that you would like to discuss (eg CV, application form, personal statement) with your Appointment Form.
- Email the completed form and documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it into CAS Reception, 7-9 South Leinster St). Please wait a minimum of 30-60 minutes after submitting (emailing) your appointment form before scheduling an appointment.
- Please phone us on 01 8961721, or drop into CAS Reception at 7-9 South Leinster St, to schedule an appointment. Phoning is the quickest way to make appointments during term time (if you send in your form first!).
Careers Advisers are also available for individual meetings throughout the vacations.
Always check in at CAS Reception, 7-9 South Leinster St before your appointment.
Purpose: Personal career guidance to support you in your career exploration and decision making. Examples of topics covered include:
exploration of your Gradireland Careers Report or disclosure of health problems / weak exam results, customising work/voluntary experience for a job application and pros & cons of time out versus postgrad study.
Book a place on a Workshop
For a list of workshops during term time and to book a place see Events.
Workshops are repeated weekly. Workshops are held in 7-9 South Leinster St or 3 College Green - please check location. Places are limited - please book in Reception, 7-9 South Leinster St, ring 01 896 1721/1705 or email email@example.com with your name, discipline & year and name & date of workshop.
Practice Interviews on Video
- This interview is conducted by a Careers Adviser and feedback given.
Due to high student demand, the service can only provide one practice interview per applicant to ensure that all students can avail of this assistance.
- ½ hour is allocated to each candidate.
- Complete confidentiality is assured.
- An application form or CV together with a job description or advertisement must be given to the staff member at the time of booking a place.
- Book your place at the desk in the Careers Information Centre, 7-9 South Leinster St. Bookings cannot be taken over the phone unless we have already received all the necessary documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (eg CV/application form, job spec ...).
- Prepare by attending / downloading Interview Skills Workshop.
- Graduate fee: see Charges for Services to Graduates. Payment must be received at time of booking.
Charges for Services to Graduates
These charges relate to graduates only. As a result of government cutbacks to third level funding, the Careers Advisory Service has had to limit the free service which it currently offers to alumni. Further information can be found on services and charges.