Collaborate with Employers
Employers in the public and private sectors welcome the opportunity to collaborate with academic departments. The Careers Advisory Service can help in developing these contacts.
There are many ways in which employers can collaborate:
- Providing projects for Senior Sophister or postgraduate students.
- Funding prizes for academic performance in final year.
- Sponsoring society events or publications.
- Providing guest lecturers, case studies etc.
- Funding for postgraduate research degrees
- Sponsoring equipment
- Conducting skills training or participating in case study days
- Facilitating site visits to help students to understand manufacturing processes, construction methods etc.
- Building alumni relations.
Employers value the knowledge and expertise which academic departments can provide through consultancy, professional development or technology transfer. The Research and Innovation Services may be able to help foster links in these areas.
If you think we can assist in establishing or developing collaborative activities with business or the public service which will promote the employability of your students please contact either Sean Gannon or Linda Gaughran.