Hosting Webinars Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
On this page:
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a web conferencing program that lets you host virtual classrooms with your students and communicate with them via voice, video, lecture slides and text chat. Collaborate Ultra is available in every module in Blackboard Learn under the Module Management -> Tools section. Students can also access Collaborate Ultra on their mobile device using the Blackboard App. A video overview of Collaborate Ultra is available below.
Benefits of Webinars for Teaching & Learning
You can use webinars to:
- Host live virtual classrooms with students
- Communicate using webcams, microphones and text chat
- Share lecture notes and stream video of your desktop
- Collaborate with students using an interactive whiteboard
- Record webinars for students to rewatch at any time
- Provide virtual office hours that students can join from any location
Below are some useful resources to help you get started using Collaborate Ultra. Try our interactive guide first then try scheduling and joining a session on your own and practice with the checklist and sample session plan. If you'd like a practice module where you can try using Collaborate seperately from your teaching modules please email the eLearning team. More detailed guides to the different features of Collaborate are available in the Additional Resources section.
Guides for participants are available on the Blackboard website.
Below are additional resources for getting started using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.