Research Led Teaching
The nexus between research and teaching has become increasingly important to research-led universities, where we draw on our traditional research strengths by linking research and teaching to enhance student learning and the professional experience of our teachers. Studies show that, when you explicitly link research and teaching, you can help develop key graduate attributes in your students. Students also become more aware of their learning and its consequences, which can excite and motivate them and encourage them to learn more deeply.
Research-led teaching has a number of strands. As an academic in Trinity College you can engage in research-led teaching in the following ways:
- Make your students aware of faculty research and its importance
- Include courses in your curriculum on research skills
- Facilitate your students to engage in research projects
- Design learning activities around research issues
- Engage yourself in research on learning and teaching or student learning
For more information on any of these strands, please contact our academic developer firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our research-led initiative, Trinity College is part of The National Academy for Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (NAIRTL).