Provost's Teaching Awards 2012-2013
The Provost’s Teaching Award Scheme is designed to recognise and reward those who have made an outstanding contribution in the pursuit of teaching excellence. The prestige of the award reflects the value which Trinity places on promoting teaching as a scholarly activity and the importance placed on enriching the learning opportunities of its students. The scope of the initiative is broad, covering all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment, and seeks to:
- Provide recognition for excellent teaching
- Reward teaching staff who are creative in their approaches to teaching and learning and who use a variety of mechanisms to achieve their learning outcomes
- Share best practice across College and encourage teaching staff to consider other approaches to course design, delivery and assessment
- Reaffirm that curriculum development, teaching, learning, assessment and evaluation, are important activities in College requiring high level expertise
- Encourage teaching staff to reflect critically on their teaching practice
Each award is to the value of €3,000. At least one will be an Early Career Award for nominees with not more than five years full-time third-level teaching experience at the time of nomination (or equivalent as determined by the committee). If an applicant meets the existing criteria and additionally demonstrates in their application ‘evidence of sustained commitment to teaching excellence, supporting learning and it is clear that the scholarship of the nominee has been inspirational and/or influential among academic colleagues within or beyond the institution’ the nominee may also be considered for a Lifetime Achievement Award.
It is requested that the award winners would contribute to the CAPSL programme of events in 2013 – 2014.
Many thanks for all your nominations this year. The winners will be announced in June 2013.
- Guidelines 2012 -2013 (Word Doc, 64KB)
- Teaching Excellence Application Form 2012 -2013 (Word Doc, 62KB)
- Peer Reviewer Report Form 2012 -2013 (Word Doc, 46KB)
- Developing a Philosophy of Teaching Statement (PDF, 61KB)
- Preparing your Teaching Excellence Application Form 2012-2013 (Word Doc, 30KB)
- Provost's Teaching Award Winners Archive